Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First (& Almost First) CWS Styling Event

June 16, 2011

My First CwS Styling Event ~ Styling Cartoon Character (June 6, 2011)
Cartoon Character styling?  Oh what fun!  SL Fashion meet Saturday mornings!

There was never any doubt as to who I was going to be... Betty Boop!  My alter ego, my persona, my icon!  Over the past few years she has become integral to my personality... she is my inspiration and example of confidence.  She is as sweet as she is sensual, as naughty as she is nice, as silly as she is smart, and just oh so loveable with her "boop boop be doop."  Who can resist Betty Boop once you get to know her?  LOL!  I sure haven't been able to...

Not only is she an inspiration to me, but she was an inspiration to womanhood when she was "rezzed" back in the 1930s.  In her own silly sweet way, she encouraged women to be all they could be with no holding back.  She was another icon of women's liberation and feminism.  "More power to ya, baby" with a sock it to you mentality, delivered in the sweetest voice imaginable.

I love you Betty, I always will, and it was my privilege and pleasure to portray you at Classic w/Style styling!  Mwahz!  <3 <3 <3


the poses:

the description:
***************************
Good evening everyone!
I am Betty Boop... also known as SassyLassye and welcome to CwS Styling Cartoon Character!

Betty Boop is an animated cartoon character created by Max Fleischer, with help from animators including Grim Natwick. She originally appeared in the Talkartoon and Betty Boop film series, which were produced by Fleischer Studios and released by Paramount Pictures. She has also been featured in comic strips and mass merchandising. Despite having been toned down in the mid-1930s to appear more demure, she became one of the most well-known and popular cartoon characters in the world.  I personally identify with her sensual sweetness... who doesn't love Betty Boop?

   ...Boop...Boop...Be...Doop...

Betty Boop made her first appearance on August 9, 1930, in the cartoon Dizzy Dishes. Although Clara Bow is often given as being the model for Boop, she actually began as a caricature of singer Helen Kane.

Betty Boop is regarded as one of the first and most famous sex symbols on the animated screen; she is a symbol of the Depression era, and a reminder of the more carefree days of Jazz Age flappers. Her popularity was drawn largely from adult audiences, and the cartoons, while seemingly surreal, contained many sexual and psychological elements.

Betty Boop was unique among female cartoon characters because she represented a sexualized woman. Other female cartoon characters of the same period, such as Minnie Mouse, displayed their underwear or bloomers regularly, in the style of childish or comical characters, not a fully defined woman's form. Many other female cartoons were merely clones of their male co-stars, with alterations in costume, the addition of eyelashes, and a female voice.

Betty Boop wore short dresses, high heels, a garter, and her breasts were highlighted with a low, contoured bodice that showed cleavage. In her cartoons, male characters frequently try to sneak peeks at her while she's changing or simply going about her business. In Betty Boop's Bamboo Isle, she does the hula wearing nothing but a lei, strategically placed to cover her breasts, and a grass skirt. This was repeated in her first cameo appearance in, Popeye the Sailor (1933). There was, however, a certain girlish quality to the character. She was drawn with a head more similar to a baby's than an adult's in proportion to her body. This suggested the combination of girlishness and maturity that many people saw in the flapper type, which Betty represented.

It is my great pleasure to represent this iconic cartoon character as CwS this evening.  Betty is wearing Star Child Designs Ruby Flapper #5 outfit with feather head piece, panties, stockings, flapper skirt and strapless sequin top.

SKIN -- Curio Sundust Light Cupid Allure 2
HAIRBASE -- Style by Kira - Black Hair Base
HAIR -- Curio Betty Boop - Black Blue
EYES -- InSight Anime Blue Eyes
LASHES -- Chaisuki lashes 02
SHOES -- DDD Red Betty Heels
NAILS -- Oceane Body Boutique 2Tone Nails
NECKLACE -- LaGyon the longest one white pearl

Thank you Anrol, Steve, our Judge, Laylah, and the audience for the opportunity to style and parade around in front of you to your most gracious applause.  Good Luck fellow contestants!  Wishing everyone an enjoyable and fun evening!

Hugz & God Bless,
<3 SassyLassye <3
...Boop...Boop...Be...Doop...
***************************

and the winners are:
1st -- Ajay
2nd --
3rd --



Almost the First Styling ~ Styling Lady in Orange (June 2, 2011)
So, I was all set to style for the Lady in Orange styling.  I arrived in world a few hours ahead of time to practice and finish my notecard description.  I had the perfect poses!  I was so excited I was almost quivering.  I was sure I had a chance of winning if not placing.  LOL!

Boy was I surprised when suddenly a notice popped up with a texture image of the winners of the Lady in Orange styling event.  NOT!  :((  I was devastated to learn the event had been held earlier in the day while I was working in RL.  What had happened I wondered... did they change the schedule?  After a hurt inquiry, I was startled to discover I had misread the schedule!  Amazing but true, lol!  Thursday styling is at noon SLT rather than 5pm SLT.  GOOD TO KNOW!!  (and better luck next time hunny! lol)

So although I was disappointed, I reclaimed my good humor and set to prepping for the next FIRST styling event!  LOL...  But now I have this blog and can show you the work I went to for my not quite first styling event.

the outfit:



the poses:

the description:
*****************************
Good evening everyone!
I am SassyLassye and welcome to CwS Styling Lady In Orange!

This evening I am the Queen BellyDancer and I am here to mesmerize you with my swaying arms and swinging hips in my flowing and shimmering orange and gold costume called "Fantasia" in Orange/Gold by House of Beningborough.
Who better Designer to dress a Lady?  and in orange too!
Bravo Bliss Beningborough!
May your eyes be dazzled like mine have been!
I am a sensual Lady in Orange...  :))

Before today, orange was not a color I enjoyed or picked.
But I had so much fun putting this outfit and poses together that ORANGE is my new favorite color.  Good-bye blue!

Now let me tell you about the rest of my outfit as I swing and sway around on the stage:

SKIN -- Style by Kira -- Willow Skin Limited Edition 3
HAIR -- Bishwear Hair -- ::DBS::Mia-rusty
EYES -- *NOYA* -- ocean orange-clear sunrise
LASHES -- *REDGRAVE* -- Eyelashes -16- Elemental
LINGERIE -- ::DS:: --  KALI - orange
SHOES -- !!KKBB!! -- Wrapped Heels in Orange
NAILS -- Oceane's Body Boutique -- 2Tone Nails (colorizable)
BRACELETS -- Oceane's Body Boutique -- Double Bangles Armband in gold
BELLY JEWEL-- Dora Dalglish -- Belly Jewel - Yellow Citrene/Gold

Thank you Anrol, Steve, [Judge], [Annnouncer], and the audience for the opportunity to style and parade around in front of you to your most gracious applause.  Good Luck fellow contestants!  Wishing everyone an enjoyable and fun evening!

Hugz & God Bless,
<3 SassyLassye <3
*****************************


Today's Boop:

No comments:

Post a Comment